Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bane of my Existance

So, Dissidia 012 [Duodecim] Final Fantasy was just released in Australia today. After pre-ordering it weeks ago I was quick to retrieve my copy, however, I had to do so before work. I spent the next several hours waiting to get home and play my brand new game.

I finally arrived home, eager to play. I opened up MediaGo and there hit my first problem: my downloadable content code has already been used. Disregarding this for now I went to jump into the game right away, then truck my second problem. My PSP, using 5.50 GEN D-3 is unable to launch a modern game. In remedy I decided my Custom Firmware isn;t even worth it any more and installed the Official 6.37 firmware.

I am now running Official Firmware and proceed to play my new game, 2 hours after arriving home. However, being used to the speedy load times of ISO images on my memory card I could not bear the loading screens and decided to data install. I am now waiting for this "up to an hour long" process to complete...

Dissidia 012 Duodecim, I have but one thing to say to you thus far: "F*ck you."

26 comments:

  1. Dont know that game, is it like the Final fantasy fighting game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is like final fantasy or the like not sure tho nice post btw /followd

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a terrible day. I've been waiting for my internet to get upgraded for a week, its killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm too much into pokemon to know anything about other game O;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh happens quite often, I wish they'd stop with this DLC nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must be frustrating to come home and find out about that. I'd be mad as heck.

    Great blow, followed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the problem with random codes, they're generated by an algorithm, which can be cracked, and then distributed to the masses. To offer these to video games, for any reason, is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unlucky mate, they really need to sort shite like this out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some days nothing goes like we planned huh?
    Thanks for comments, following

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christ, same shit happened to me with Diablo 2.
    I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. damn those games never really work

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is this the "Dissidia" that was released long time ago or is it a new one? Never heard of something like "012 Duodecim"

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha never played the game but i think will either

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never played it myself but interesting post.
    Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember when my pal played final fantasy back in the days, like 2003. Is it the same series or what have i missed while not playing this game?
    Could i pick up the copy that ur talking about and kinda understand the story?

    ReplyDelete
  16. ^

    If you are still around. None of the Final Fantasy series games are related in story, unless they are under the same number "VII" is different to "VIII." Dissidia is a completely different story which includes characters from all games, in an action-fighting style game.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this game is really good,i played it for hours on end when i bought it... trust me you'll enjoy this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sucks, load times can be a bitch when you're used to fast and easy loading.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, those are some trials and tribulations of a modern gamer right there. I feel your pain man.

    ReplyDelete